Dr. Fabing realized over fifty years ago that Christians had few options to become trained caregivers. They were too often put in situations in which they were not equipped to effectively help others. Bridge of Hope Ministries has made it our goal to present Biblical concepts for training, teaching and counseling for restoration of the spirit, soul and body.
Hope Institute prepares Christians through a series of nine courses designed to guide those who are called to help others and for those who seek the deeper things of God. Biblical preaching and teaching seldom has follow-up with those who need more help in their life.
These courses will prepare the individual on how to use the Word of God along with practical techniques to intervene and overcome problems. It provides a lifetime of valuable resources for counseling. Each course was specifically developed as a result to fill the unfulfilled needs in people’s lives. The courses are comparable to college courses with questions/responses for accountability. These courses are low cost and enable you to complete them at your own pace. Upon completion a certificate of completion is given to the graduate.
Hope Institute 9 course outlines:
Practical Intervention-Foundational Course
- Practical Intervention: This course was developed to understand how to overcome our sin nature and human behavior.
The Ministry Series
- Advanced Training: In depth information to help in understanding specific care concerns. Provides tools and techniques. For example, how to resolve conflicts.
- Evangelism: How to Study, Mentor & Minister: The full range of ministry is taught: presenting the gospel, development of study concepts, overseeing the mentoring process and understanding leadership skills in ministry.
- Biblical Care Concepts: Learning how to deal with dysfunction, enhancing listening skills, developing counseling performance objectives and understanding concepts of giving good care.
- Temperament / Understanding and Application: Understanding of temperaments in regard to behavior and practical application will be taught. Blending strengths and weaknesses will be explained to teach why one thinks and responds the way they do.
The Relationship Series
- God’s Call to Manhood: A review of his role in God’s eyes with focus on identity, finance, emotions, conflict, health, fathering and leadership.
- God’s Call to Womanhood: A review of her role in God’s eyes and her worthiness including health, fears, shame and identity.
- Divorce Recovery / Single Parenting / Blended Families: This is a study to better understand how to minister to the pain and needs of those who have experienced divorce, single parenting and blended families.
- Nurturing Long Lasting, Healthy & Loving Relationships & Marriages: Learn about healing emotional wounds, creating boundaries, understanding dysfunctional beliefs, codependency, how the past affects us and honest intimacy.
Fundamentals of Pastoral Counseling
- Dr. Fabing has written a premier resource to prepare pastors to counsel people experiencing hardship and hurting and bring them healing. He calls this “The best little counseling book in the world”. It provides a practical “how to” approach which brings results for the counseled. It is available in book or audio format.
- Unit I: An Introduction To Pastoral Counseling
- Chapter 1: The Basics of Counseling
- Chapter 2: The Ministry of Encouragement
- Chapter 3: Organizing the Counseling Effort
- Unit II: Developing Counseling Skills
- Chapter 4: Concerns & Specific Areas of Counseling
- Chapter 5: The Basics of Counseling and Stress
- Chapter 6: Learning How to Counsel
- The Missing Link: Temperament
- Disc 01: Introduction: How Jesus Counseled
- Disc 02: Ministry of Encouragement
- Disc 03: Organizing the Counseling Effort
- Disc 04: Concerns of Counseling
- Disc 05: Basics of Counseling
- Disc 06: Learning How to Counsel
- Disc 07: The Local Church
- Disc 08: Stages of Counseling
- Disc 09: Crisis Intervention
- Disc 10: How to Modify Behavior
- Disc 11: Communication Skill
- Disc 12: Understanding Temperament
Hello! I'm Dr. Fabing
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), PhD
Over the last 50 years, I have counseled individuals ranging from suicidal to those wanting to manage stress better. My expertise is quickly getting to the root issues troubling the whole person (mind, body, and spirit). I equip people with the Biblical tools they need to overcome the trials of life. God has a design for how we manage stress. When we follow His pattern it empowers us to live with the happiness we all desire. Set up an appointment today and I will help you maximize your potential in Christ Jesus.
GET STARTED NOW!
Call us today or fill out the form to start the Discovery process...
Call now to get started!
Bridge of Hope
400 N Washington, Suite 113
Farmington, MO 63640