5 DAY PROGRAM
As parents interact with their children, they occasionally find themselves wondering about their child’s behavior. They notice things that seem unusual. For example, your child may do some or all of these things.
- Struggling to remember the steps required to tie shoes
- Difficulty beginning a series of homework assignments
- Trouble with transitions between activities
- Struggles around following instructions
- Completing weekly chores
- Keeps a messy desk and/or locker
- Struggling to remember location of belongings
- Loses things he/she borrows
- Forgets appointments frequently
- “Spouts off” whatever comes to their mind
- Mood swings or tantrums
- Bump into things, appear clumsy, slam objects down
- Fearful of things that require good balance
- Smell objects that are not food
- Has a “melt down” at social events
When the management of everyday life tasks becomes a struggle for children parents need answers. These difficulties may be manifesting themselves through difficulties with managing their emotions, staying on task, impulsive actions, having lack of self-control, unable to plan, or flexible thinking.
Children are not born with these skills. While genetics may influence the skills, they develop them through supportive environments and social systems. These include positive relationships with parents and peers. Through such support, Executive Functioning skills may develop. The child gains mental flexibility, self-control and working memory. Mental flexibility allows children to respond to different demands in the environment while responding and shifting attention appropriately. Self-control allows children to regulate impulsive reactions, while working memory allows children to manipulate information presented to them. With instruction and practice, a person can improve their Executive Functioning skill and navigate more easily through challenges at home, school or work.
Our Treatment Process
Dr. Raymond Fabing has developed an exceptional approach to helping those with these difficulties. We utilize a three-step approach to bring improvement to the life of the child and home. The process begins with identifying the triggers and underlying roots to the behavior. Then, the components that effect their behavior are defined by personal evaluation. Finally, the issues are confronted by using corrective therapies some of which include EMDR, Tapping, Play Therapy, and Self-Regulation. These modalities have brought tremendous improvement to the child and parents’/guardians’ understanding. Then, children talk, function, and present well after our treatment.
Our Treatment Plan
- You will be treated by Dr. Raymond Fabing, Ph.D., LPC
- The parent(s) are present with the child throughout the process.
- Treatment involves nine sessions over five days.
- Sessions are twice a day on Monday – Thursday and 1 session on Friday.
- Cost $1,000 payable in advance
Contact Bridge of Hope Ministries today to schedule your sessions to bring hope and change daily life.
Hello! I'm Dr. Fabing
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), PhD
Over the last 50 years, I have counseled individuals ranging from suicidal to those wanting to manage stress better. My expertise is quickly getting to the root issues troubling the whole person (mind, body, and spirit). I equip people with the Biblical tools they need to overcome the trials of life. God has a design for how we manage stress. When we follow His pattern it empowers us to live with the happiness we all desire. Set up an appointment today and I will help you maximize your potential in Christ Jesus.
GET STARTED NOW!
Call us today or fill out the form to start the Discovery process...
Call now to get started!
Bridge of Hope
400 N Washington, Suite 113
Farmington, MO 63640